About Us - Garden Goodies
We are completely dedicated to your online shopping satisfaction. If you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us using one of the methods below:
Acorn Garden Supplies
Units E & F, Castlefields Trading Estate
Phone: 01274 563639
VAT Registration Number GB 852761413
- Making A Purchase
- Making a purchase could not be simpler. Just browse our store and add any items that you wish to buy into your shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.We accept credit and debit card payment by Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Solo. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Back-ordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You may send your credit card information via phone, fax, or over the Internet (your details are encrypted using industry-standard 256-bit encryption technology).When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the event a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product. In the case of a price change, we will contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable and you will have the option of cancelling your order.
- Shipping And Handling
Damages & Shortages
It is vital that all order are checked on delivery and we are notified of any damages or shortages within 24 hours. In these cases it is best to call or email us to let us know. Unfortunately once the 24 hours have elapsed the couriers insurance lapses and claims cannot be made. This is why it is safer to always check items on the day of delivery even if the outer packaging appears to be intact. To speed the process up we may on occasion ask for images of the damage.
We charge the following delivery charges for orders:
Total Weight & Charges Zone A & B (total sales value less than £35) Royal Mail: Up to 250g £1.00 Up to 1kg £3.30 Up to 2kg £5.50 Hermes 2 to 3 Days Courier: Up to 1kg £2.75 Up to 2kg £3.95 Next Day Courier: Up to 25kg £5.99 Zone C Scottish Highlands - See restrictions below Royal Mail: Up to 250g £1.00 Up to 750g £3.00 3-5 Days Delivery: Up to 25kg £12.00 Zone D Northern Ireland Royal Mail: Up to 250g £1.00 Up to 1kg £3.30 3-5 Days Delivery: Up to 10kg £19.00 Zone E, F & G (Eire, Channel Island, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Scilly Isles) 3-5 Days Delivery: Up to 10kg £15.00 Europe 3-5 Days Delivery: Up to 1kg £10.00 Up to 2kg £20.00
Please Note The Following Conditions:
During checkout our shopping cart software will analyse the contents of your cart and automatically select the cheapest shipping method available. If there are multiple shipping methods available the shipping method can be modified during checkout. If your order exceeds 25kg in total weight the cart software will automatically select Bulk Shipping as the only method available. Please feel free to contact us on 01274 563 639 if you have any queries about shipment of your order.
Certain heavy items such as bags of fertiliser and soil must be delivered by pallet and carriage is charged as Bulk Shipping. Please see shipping rates above. Note: we do not offer free delivery on heavy goods due to the cost of transportation.
Delivery To Scottish Highlands, UK Offshore & Northern Ireland
Delivery to these areas may (at our discretion) incur a surcharge for delivery. This is to cover extra charges we incur when shipping to these areas. This applies to the following postcodes: AB31-38, AB41-45, AB51-56, BT (all), FK19-21, GY (all), HS1-9, IM (all), IV1-28, IV30-32, IV36, IV40-49, IV51-56, IV63, JE (all), KA27, KA28, KW1-3, KW5-17, PA20-38, PA41-49, PA 60-78, PH1, PH5-10, PH15-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, PO30-41 & ZE1-3..
Below are details of our shipping methods:
For Royal Mail 2nd class deliveries please allow up to 3 working days to receive your order. Please note that we cannot accept responsibilty for items lost, delayed or damaged by Royal Mail. We recommend using our courier delivery service for speedy delivery as well as the advantage of a track and trace facility.
Orders received before 14:00 Monday to Thursday (excluding bank holidays) will be delivered the following working day. Orders received Friday before 14:00 will be delivered Monday. Orders received on weekends and bank holidays will be processed and despatched on the next working day and you will receive your order the following day. Please also note that whilst we make every effort to ensure your order is delivered as soon as possible we cannot guarrantee the above delivery schedule as deliveries are done by a third party courier company. Please ensure that there will be someone available to accept delivery of your order as a signature will be required. In the event that there is no-one available to receive the order, a card will be left with instructions for a second delivery attempt or collection from the local depot.
For orders weighing over 25kg we offer a bulk shipping service. Bulk shipping is palletised and is designed for heavy/bulky goods such as soil and fertilizer. Please allow up to 3 working days to receive your order.
Unable to Deliver
If in the event the carrier is unable to deliver your goods (nobody present to receive the goods & sign) a card will be left with a reference and contact number. Please contact the depot to arrange for re-delivery, or alternatively a collection from your local depot. AFTER CARDING THE PREMESES TWICE THE GOODS WILL NORMALLY BE HELD FOR 5 DAYS BEFORE BEING RETURNED TO US. IN THE EVENT OF THIS YOU WILL INCUR AN ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE. Once the goods are in transit a change of delivery address can be arranged, but additional shipping costs incurred are chargeable. Order cancellation of an order after item(s) have been despatch will incur all carrier costs associated with item(s) return. Deliveries refused by customer without justification, will incur all charges associated with delivery and return of item(s).
- Back Orders
- If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait. Back-ordered items are not charged until they are shipped.
- Tax Charges
- All orders will include standard 20% VAT. All prices displayed on our website include VAT at 20%.
- Credit Card Security
- This site uses industry standard 256-Bit SSL encryption from Godaddy. Your personal details are 100% safe so you may shop with confidence!
- We at Garden Goodies make every effort to ensure your total shopping satisfaction. If you are not satisfied and would like to return a product please contact us for information on the returns procedure. Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
- How To Contact Us
- If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the top of each page. Alternatively you can call us on 01274 563639 (International +44 1274 563639) or fax us on 01274 564383
- Take and fulfil customer orders
- Administer and enhance the site and service
- Issue a unique identifier (e.g. customer login)
- Monitor customer account status beyond that required for individual purchases
- Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
- Returns Policy
- Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htmIf you wish to return any unwanted items you must do this within 30 days of receiving the goods*. You will be required to pay any return postage costs and for the original carriage of those products. Once returned in original condition ready for re-sale we will issue a refund minus any original delivery costs and any collection charges. Returns should be sent to:
Acorn Garden Supplies
Units E and F, Castlefields Trading Estate
- Remittance Terms
- Payment must be received in full before we can despatch your order unless prior arrangements have been made.